Our Anti-Harassment Policy
peer to peer ÖRESUND is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all peer to peer ÖRESUND spaces, including the cabal, repositories, and at local events, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct (including organizers) may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces.
Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in continued harassing behavior, organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all peer to peer ÖRESUND spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other peer to peer ÖRESUND participants or the general public.Harassment includes
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Physical contact without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual
- Photography or recording without explicit consent (ask first)
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- peer to peer ÖRESUND prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. Organizers reserve the right
not to act on complaints regarding:
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed at a peer to peer ÖRESUND event, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the organizers and we will handle this as discretely as possible. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident.
This Code of Conduct has been adapted from the Merveilles Code of Conduct